My Blog List

Sunday, May 16, 2010

{ Metro Girl - T365 #36 }

Gasp! I didn't do a T365 post yesterday! We didn't have any specific plans for the day which is very unusual for us, we are usually rushing from here to there on the weekends, so while Jim did some house maintenance I spent the majority of the day reading on the back patio in the sunshine, it was lovely. (NOTE: I wasn't entirely lazy, I did do some laundry and light cleaning, went out to dinner and spent the evening over one of my best friends house chatting and eating way too many chocolate chip cookies, thanks Tina).

I recently went through my books to do some cleaning out and organizing and found that I have 42 unread books, because I tend to buy them when I see them on sale for prices I can't pass up. I've made a commitment to myself that I will read all these books before purchasing anymore, as I've had some of them for YEARS and still haven't read them!

I started this book in the morning yesterday and didn't know what to expect because I've never read any books by her, but I must have really liked it because not only did I start it yesterday but I also finished it (okay, it was 12:03 am when I finished it, but still). I loved that it was action-packed but also filled with humor, I did laugh out loud a few times, so that was a good sign. I will definitely be picking up other books by her, that is as soon as I read the other 41 books in the pile!

I also have recently started using GoodReads on a regular basis to track all my reading, so if you're a member please add me and let me know you're coming from my blog. I really enjoy seeing what other people are reading and recommending, I generally read mystery and chick-lit but I'm open to read just about anything and would like to get some more heavy reads in. The link to my profile is www.goodreads.com/tamarajean.



No comments:

Post a Comment