My Blog List

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

{ I Raced For A Cure }

On Saturday I, along with almost 30,000 other people gathered in downtown Detroit to participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It was a truly amazing experience to be surrounded by that many people gathered together with motivation to fight for the same cause. I had never run a 5K before and to be honest I'm not a runner, back in February I started to do the c25k program but I only made it to the fourth week so I was nervous about how I'd do on this race. My sister Tina, niece Megan and myself decided to join the runners at the front of the line and try our best to run it, and we did do good, we jogged and fast-walked to finish in 38.03. I'm proud of myself for taking part in this cause and finishing my first 5K race.
Tina, Megan & Me
Cousin Kelly & MeTina, Aimee, Me & SURVIVOR Doreen
Pink Ribbon Panera Bagel

4 comments:

  1. That's awesome! A bunch of my friends did that last year. I wanted to, but I was sick, so I just donated money. I'm glad you were able to finish and do really well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a great cause! Congrats on finishing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! You should be so proud of yourself, that's a big accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your time and contibuting to a good cause!!

    ReplyDelete