My Blog List

Saturday, February 5, 2011

{ Valentine's Day Wreath }

I spent a couple hours this afternoon making this adorable cupcake liner wreath and I'm in love with the way it turned out. I used the tutorial off of this amazing blog, Tatertots and Jello.

One of my resolutions this year was to actually start doing crafts, instead of always talking about doing them. I would say that 90% of the time I stop myself from trying something I see because I tell myself that whatever I make will not be as good or cute as the one I've based my inspiration off of. Well, I'm happy to report that I do in fact think I did a great job on this wreath. On another note, doing crafts helps with one of my other resolutions and that is to allow myself to relax more and not feel guilty about it, so another point for me.

I can't wait to share my other Valentine's decor, I'm awaiting an adorable banner that I ordered two weeks ago, the seller shipped it right away but it seems as if it's been "lost" in the mail thus far, tracking shows it's been in Phoenix since 1/22/11, so I'm really hoping it shows up soon.

I started with an 8" styrofoam wreath, ribbon, cupcake liners and hot glue.
Here is the covered wreath and liners, though I ended up leaving out purple.
I started in little sections and just kept turing the wreath and adding more until it was full, after the liners were complete I added some cute little heart stickers and called it complete.

9 comments:

  1. It's wonderful :) Good job !
    I'm pretty skimpy on my Valentine's decorating this year ! I never thought about making or buying a wreath ! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY cute! I wanted to make something like this last year, but never did. Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh your wreath is darling! I love the texture and all the layers of red and pink. So cute...but of course it is -- if YOU did it. :)

    Shoot me an email {megandvd@hotmail.com} and I will give you directions my dear~

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  4. very pretty wreath :) love this decor!

    ReplyDelete