My Blog List

Saturday, September 11, 2010

{ Welcome to Detroit City }


Eminem and Jay-Z kicked off their "Home to Home" tour on Thursday September 2nd and I was there to witness the brilliance! Considering there are only 4 concerts total in this tour (2 in Detroit, 2 in New York) and these are two of the biggest selling rappers of all time I cannot tell you how excited I was to be able to attend on opening night. The concert was held in downtown Detroit at Comeria Park and they said they were going to do it big and indeed they did it BIG!

There had been lots of speculation about special guests that would join them on stage and there were a lot of them - starting with B.o.B who opened the show, they were joined by 50 Cent, Drake, Young Jeezy, Lloyd Banks, Trick-Trick, D12, Tony Yayo, G-Unit, Memphis Bleek and none other the doctor himself, Dr. Dre who along with Em performed their own rendition of the old school rap "Nothin' but a G Thang", which totally brought me back to my teenage years!

I was literally on my feet 95% of the time from 7:30-12:30 and LOVED every minute of it, I danced and sang my heart out. The entire night was amazing, the vibe of 40,000+ people in the Motor City was one to be proud of, everyone was definitely in a Detroit state of mind. The night started out pretty darn hot and sticky, I spent at hour fixing my hair just to have it pulled back in a pony before the show even started, talk about annoying! However, after the sun went down the night was perfect, the city lights in the background and the ballpark rockin', it was awesome! I didn't take the following day off of work and boy was that a mistake, I don't know how I functioned on such little sleep for the 8-hour work day that followed, but I would do it again in a heartbeat.

George & Jamie (my sister), me and Jim
Sisters
Just a few pics of the stage



6 comments:

  1. How cool that you got to go!!! My friends came up from Florida and went to the concert and they loved it. Part of me regrets not going too.
    Glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet that was an AWESOME show!!! I love them! So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One word: JEALOUS!

    Great shots and I bet that show was awesome. So so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome! I'm SO jealous that you actually got to go to this show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks AMAZING!! Love the pics of you at the concert. I can not believe you worked the next day! Wow. :)

    Glad you like my new little series. I was honestly afraid that something "medical" would not appeal to my readers, but I couldn't help and see a lacking (if you will) in venues that allow people to have an open forum for medical (both fun and clinical). I hope the series is fun & informative.

    Always fun to see you around. Hope all is well. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete